Karmatang Beach, situated in Middle Andaman, is one of the main environmentally noteworthy beaches in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Renowned as the home and nesting position for the sea turtles of the region, the Karmatang Beach is a necessity visit for any tourist conscious of environment and animal enthusiast.
Despite the fact that there are a lot of islands and beaches in close proximity to Mayabunder, but Karmatang Beach in Andaman and Nicobar Islands is the most outstanding of all for the reason that of its delightful beauty. The beach is the most excellent position to revitalize and unwind with your family and associates. The sandy beach is enclosed by green coastal undergrowth.
At Karmatang Beach of Andaman and Nicobar Islands never overlook to take the ride on a steamer all the way through the mangrove brooks from Mayabunder. If someone wants to spend a minute vacation in the beach, one need not be anxious for the accommodation as there are preparations for guest houses and hotels next to the Karmatang Beach.
Karmatang Beach is very much appropriate to try scuba diving and snorkeling. These adventurous rides in the sea water help one to discover the marine life contained by it. Countless nature enthusiasts and zoologists who specialize in marine livings ought to visit the elegant beach. One can as well trek around Mount Harriet and Madhuban and travel around the forests and the wildlife contained by it.
Places to visit in Karmatang Beach:
Karmatang beach is positioned in Middle Andaman, which is a fraction of the Indian union territory of Andaman and Nicobar. The chain of islands of Andaman and Nicobar is abode to several of Asia’s best beaches along with 96 sanctuaries (stretch over an area 466 Sq kms) and 9 national parks (extend over 1154 sq kms).
Supplementary, the Andaman and Nicobar island chain is furthermore home to many historically noteworthy structures and monuments such as the Cellular Jail. Additionally there are numerous coral reefs in the seas adjoining the islands.
Karmatang Beach- Travel tips, languages spoken, cuisine
• Languages: Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Nicobarese and Telugu are the more extensively spoken languages in the region neighboring Karmatang beach. English as well is reasonably prevalent and as such communication should not be a difficulty.
• Cuisine: Food would for the most part be local, though to some extent exotic food can be found in the high end restaurants.
• The waters adjacent to the Karmatang beach are affluent in aquatic life and make for exceptional fishing points.
Although visiting Andaman and Nicobar, one is given advice to carry as much cash as probable for the reason that ATMs and credit card swiping machines are infrequent. A lot of tour operators cover up the Karmatang beach as fraction of their Andaman and Nicobar tours.
Best time to visit Karmatang Beach
Nevertheless the Karmatang beach can be visited any time of the year, the monsoons that occur between the months of June and September, is not the ideal of times as one may not be able to sop up an entire lot of sun. The superlative time to visit Karmatang beach and the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar in broad-spectrum is linking the months of January and May, throughout which the beach gets bounty of bright and lucid sunny days. Complementary, during this time the sea is incredibly smooth and one can even observe cloud reflections on lots of days. It may be noted that this is as well the unsurpassed time for snorkeling and scuba diving.
How to reach Karmatang Beach
• By Air: Port Blair, positioned on the South Andaman Island, is the adjoining airport to Karmatang beach. Port Blair is linked to Chennai (located 1190 kms away), Vishakhapatnam (positioned 1200 kms away) and Kolkata (positioned 1255 kms away) via daily flights. Some degrees of helicopter services are also obtainable for inter island travel.
• By Sea: Each week, three to four ships sail involving Port Blair and Calcutta and amid Port Blair and Chennai. There is one sailing from Vishakhapatnam every two months. The Shipping Corporation of India runs these sailings. In addition, the Directorate of Shipping Services maintain normal inter-island foreshore and harbor ferry services to provide support to the requirements of inter-island commuters. Karmatang beach is situated close to Mayabunder, which is linked to Port Blair via daily ferry services.
• By Road: Whereas a quantity of the islands has a decently urbanized road network, a lot of do not. Several islands are utterly inhabited, and as such have no roads at all. On the islands which are rather more populated and have a decorously developed road network, neighborhood transport comprises of local buses, bicycles, motorcycles, auto rickshaws, taxis and cars/ motorcycles/ cycles. Karmatang beach can moreover be reached from Port Blair via the Grand Andaman Trunk Road.
Hotels, inspection bungalows, private cottages, etc. are obtainable to suit all budgets. There are merely a limited number of family holiday beach resorts, beach retreats, beach vacation homes, beach villas, beach hotels and beach houses. Nonetheless, one can get hold of outstanding discounts on accommodation via beach holiday packages, beach tours and beach holidays. A much attractive feature of Karmatang beach is that there are some beach camps and beach resorts that are situated right at the beach. Some of the beach resorts as well have scuba diving and snorkeling amenities.