Ramnagar Beach is one of the further known beaches in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Positioned on the wooded and naturally gorgeous Diglipur Island, the Ramnagar beach is possibly most identified for its tranquil and lucid waters and extensive stretches of sand.
Places to visit:
Ramnagar beach is positioned on Diglipur Island, which is a fraction of the Indian union territory of Andaman and Nicobar. The island sequence of Andaman and Nicobar is dwelling to some of paramount beaches of Asia along with 96 sanctuaries which spread over a region 466 sq kms and 9 national parks stretch over 1154 sq kms. Supplementary, the Andaman and Nicobar island series is as well home to numerous historically noteworthy structures and monuments such as the Cellular Jail. Additionally, there are loads of coral reefs in the seas neighboring the islands.
Ramnagar Beach of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is positioned in the northern section at the Diglipur Island and is reachable all the way through water and road. The sandy beach is merely 15 kilometers away from Kalighat. The beach is enclosed by palm and coconut trees and further coastal shrubs.
Ramnagar Beach has to offer a spectacular view of the tranquil atmosphere. The beach has tourists elegant in from not only India but from throughout the globe. The beach which is celebrated for it’s extensively sprinkled grains of sand offer the travelers a opportunity to expend some worthy time there and relax on the sandy beach.
The close by vegetation at Ramnagar Beach in Andaman and Nicobar Islands as well comprise of an assortment of fauna. If somebody is wildlife beige, then do go out for trekking. Furthermore, one can also travel around the marine life by going away for a scuba diving or snorkeling. These two adventurous water sports actions are very celebrated.
Ramnagar Beach in Andaman and Nicobar Islands is the dwelling of the turtles. One can in addition expend a tiny holiday at the striking locale while residing at the lodges and guest houses uphold by the government. Additionally, one can moreover take a sun bath so as to enliven oneself from exhaustion.
Travel tips, languages, cuisine
• Languages: Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Nicobarese and Telugu are the more extensively spoken languages in the region neighboring Ramnagar beach. English as well is relatively prevalent and as such communication being supposed to not be a trouble.
• Cuisine: Food would for the most part be local, even if somewhat exotic food can be found in the higher-end restaurants.
A lot of tour operators cover up the Ramnagar beach as fraction of their Andaman and Nicobar tour. The waters adjoining the Ramnagar beach are affluent in aquatic life and make for exceptional fishing points. At the same time as visiting Andaman and Nicobar, one is advised to bring as much cash as probable for the reason that ATMs and credit card swiping machines are exceptional.
Best time to visit Ramnagar Beach
Ramnagar Beach Andaman and Nicobar Islands can be visited for the period of at all time during the year. But if one wants to get pleasure from the panoramic scenery of the spring blossoms, and then do stopover the worthy sandy beach in amid the months of December and early April.
Despite the fact that the Ramnagar beach can be visited any time during the year, the monsoons, that occurs amid the months of June and September, is not the just right of times as one may not be capable to soak up an entire lot of sun. The most excellent time to visit Ramnagar beach and the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar in all-purpose is involving the months of January and May, for the period of which the beach gets abundance of brilliant and comprehensible sunny days. Moreover, during this time the sea is very flat and one can even observe reflections of the clouds on several days. Make a note of that this is as well the most excellent time for snorkelling and scuba diving.
How to reach Ramnagar Beach
• By Air: Port Blair, located on the South Andaman Island, is the nearest airport to Karmatang beach. Port Blair is connected to Chennai (located 1190 kms away), Vishakapatnam (located 1200 kms away) and Kolkatta (located 1255 kms away) via daily flights. Limited helicopter services are also available for inter-island commute.
• By Sea: Every week, three to four ships sail between Port Blair and Calcutta and between Port Blair and Chennai. There is one sailing from Vishakhapatnam every two months. The Shipping Corporation of India runs these sailings. Further, the Directorate of Shipping Services maintains regular inter-island foreshore and harbour ferry services to cater to the needs of inter-island commuters. Diglipur Island is connected to Port Blair via daily ferry services.
• By Road: While some of the islands have a decently-developed road network, many do not. Some of the islands are entirely inhabited, and as such have no roads at all. On the islands which are somewhat more populated and have a decently developed road network, local transport comprises of local buses, bicycles, motorcycles, auto rickshaws, taxis and rental cars/motorcycles/cycles.
Accommodation in Ramnagar
Hotels, inspection bungalows, private cottages, etc. are obtainable to go with all budgets. There are merely a inadequate number of family vacation beach resorts, beach retreats, beach villas, beach vacation homes, beach hotels and beach houses.
Nevertheless, one can acquire exceptional discounts on accommodation via beach family holidays, beach tours and beach holidays. A extremely motivating feature of Ramnagar beach is that there are several beach camps and beach resorts that are positioned right at the beach. A quantity of of the beach resorts also has scuba diving and snorkeling conveniences.
For further Tourism Information:
Tourist Information Officer
Directorate of Information, Publicity & Tourism,
A & N Administration,
A & N Islands.